There’s loads to think about when considering whether flexible working can work for your business.
We shared a ‘starter for 10’ in our last update, and here’s the second part of our ‘key considerations’:
- Do you need to carry out a risk assessment at the individual’s chosen place of work?
- Do you need to alter employment contracts to support the new arrangements?
- Do you need to introduce a policy to support the new way of working? Find out how to access ours.
- What will you do if the new flexibility works for some and not all, or if an employee’s performance declines?
- How will it impact your onboarding processes for new starters and how will they access effective support?
- How are you going to ensure that your information remains confidential?
- Do you need to update your existing insurance policies?
In our following updates, we’ll help you tackle these key considerations with practical solutions, and cover the legal framework you’ll need to follow if employees make requests for greater flexibility. We can also provide training for your managers on how to spot and deal with any requests for flexible working – find out more.