Keeping up to date
We take seriously our responsibility to keep you up to date so that you can use changes in employment law to commercial advantage. By understanding and interpreting the latest case law and legislation we can deliver updates to you that are concise and usable. With imagination, we are able to ensure that developing law can be used to allow you to achieve commercial solutions, cost effectively and expediently.
Well-being watch – working with cancer
Pledge – the Working with Cancer pledge supports employers to stand together and provide a supportive, recovery-forward culture at work for people with cancer. Sign up to show your support.
Policy – it might provide a helpful starting point for someone feeling daunted by the prospect of a conversation about their diagnosis. You could include wording explaining how you’ll:
- support individuals with decisions around any communication with colleagues (whether the individual wants to share their diagnosis or keep it private);
- help them deal with not being around so much during treatment;
- approach any physical changes, career reassurance, and the supportive, collaborative approach you’d like to offer.
Proactivity – you’ll want to think carefully about how you share your thoughts on the supportive culture you’re looking to achieve. Consider:
- what support you can offer managers and whether training is appropriate;
- whether counselling can be offered;
- whether you can commit to extra flexible working and days off as a minimum;
- if your leaders can share their thoughts on the support they want to offer.