There is a lot of new employment law coming into force over the next 12-18 months. As part of our proactive commitment to ensure you’re ahead of the curve, we sat down with Stefan Mars (our Head of Legal) to work through the new legislation, when it’s in force, and how it will impact your organisation.
We do have a confession (we’re sorry, and we won’t do it again!) … we normally say our sessions are ’10 minutes with’. This one is more like 25 minutes – we thought the detail was more important than the duration. We’ll do better next time!
What do we cover in this session?
- Rolled up holiday pay and holiday pay calculations
- New family rights – additional redundancy protection for pregnant women and those taking family-friendly leave, new carer’s leave, changes to flexible working requests, new neonatal care leave
- Duty to take ‘reasonable steps’ to prevent sexual harassment
- The legal requirements to update employment contracts and introduce policies
- The consequences of failing to introduce the new changes
Alongside the video, we’ll also be making available a timeline and summary, a comprehensive guide, a diagnostic tool, and adding new policies to our Intelligent Employment platform to support you further. Watch out for more on these through our email updates (sign up here if you’re not already).
Date added | 24 November 2023