Many of you will have, or will shortly be making your claims for reimbursement under the Job Retention Scheme. There’s a few important points to be aware of:
- You cannot make more than one claim during a claim period – which essentially means your payroll period, so you should aim to make your claim shortly before or during payroll
- You’ll have to wait until the following month to claim for any employees that have been furloughed outside of that period
- You must claim for all employees in each period in one go – you can’t go back and make any changes to your claim
- Claims can be backdated from 1 March 2020 where employees have already been furloughed from that date
- A claim cannot start any earlier than the date the employee was first furloughed
Click here for more information on how to claim.
We’ve included lots more information on how to calculate your claim within our furlough FAQs (and loads more!) – click here if you’d like to access (£250+VAT).
This update is accurate on the date it was created (23 April 2020), but may be subject to change which may or may not be notified to you. This update is not to be taken as advice and you should seek advice if anything contained within affects you or your business.